Lori and Steve believe that an essential part of their roles at the connections model is to help spread the word about the research available and results being achieved using their new and innovative approach to teaching children how to regulate their emotions. They have been featured speakers at a number of conferences nationwide, as well as having served as guest lecturers on numerous occasions at Boston College.
Teach Emotional RegulationSteve and Lori
Traditional Special Education methods assume kids can generalize the supports. What if the standards are wrong?Steve and Lori
Teachers make ASSUMPTIONS that students have basic abilities and understand their role as a student. These kids don’t act like other kids. So DON’T make assumptions.Steve and Lori
These students struggle to understand and manage their emotions and therefore struggle to manage their behavior.Steve and Lori
Previous Speaking Engagements
Lori and Steve have been honored to speak at such events as:
- Jackson, L & Peck, S. (2016) Using Technology to Teach Emotional Regulation-Introducing KidConnect. Presented at CEC Conference, St. Louis MO, April 2016.
- Jackson, L & Peck, S. (2015) Teaching Emotional Regulation: Essential Skills for Classroom Inclusion. Presented at TASH Conference, Portland OR, December 2015.
- Jackson, L & Peck, S. (2015) Teaching Emotional Regulation, Essential Skills for Students with ASD. Presented at OCALICON 2015 Conference, Columbus OH, November 2015.
- Jackson, L & Peck, S. (2015) Using Technology to Teach Emotional Regulation. Presented at Council for Exceptional Children, Teacher Education Division Conference, Tempe AZ, November 2015.
- Jackson, L & Peck, S. (2014) New Methods and Techniques for teaching Students with ASD and Related Disabilities. Presented at OCALICON 2014 Conference, Columbus, OH. November 2014.
- Jackson, L & Peck, S. (2013) Understanding a Challenging Student, A New Method for Teaching Students with ASD’s and related disabilities. Presented at Council for Exceptional Children, Teacher Education Division, Fort Lauderdale, FL. November, 2013.
- Jackson, L & Peck, S. (2013) Strategies to Manage Students with Emotional Disorders, Spectrum Disorders & Other Challenges. Presented at School Discipline Conference, Las Vegas, NV. June, 2013.
- Jackson, L. & Peck, S. (2013) Understanding a Challenging Student. Presented at Council for Exceptional Children, Georgia State Conference, Macon, GA. February, 2013.
If you are interested in having Steve and Lori speak at your conference or institution, you can get in touch by filling out the form below.